Friday, January 25, 2013

Last Day Reflections

1. Things I now know about photography that I did not know before are actually a lot!  To start off with, I didn't know anything about shutter speed, or even how to work film cameras.  I had already had experience as a child developing, but at the age I was, I didn't understand what I was doing or why the things I were doing was necessary.  I also learned that photography is much more complicated then I ever thought, and there are many techniques involved in taking a good photo.  Using Photoshop I learned how to edit photos to make people look small and fake, levitate, and make into a panorama.  Though there are many interesting things I learned this year about photography, the thing that amazed me the most that I did not know before, was that you can take a picture through almost any object if you set it up right, and I really enjoyed learning to take the pictures from a can.

2. Something I learned about myself is that I am able to capture almost any object or moment and turn it in to something beautiful.  I now know that I am capable of using my imagination to take interesting pictures, and even though I didn't have the time to do most of them, I have many creative ideas when it comes to photography. The last thing I learned about myself was that I actually really enjoy Photoshop and I could probably spend all day editing just one photo, it takes patience which now I realize I have.

3.  There is nothing I wish we had done that we didn't.  This class actually taught me more than I ever expected to know and I feel accomplished.  The only thing that I wish could have happened for this class, was more time on our projects.  I personally think that this class needs more than an hour and a half!

4.  My mane struggle was making time to get the photos done on time.  I feel like if I had more time, I would have been able to do more of my creative ideas and actually make some really interesting photos.  Another struggle I had was with the panoramas, I found it difficult to find three different spots that met the requirements for making it into an earth.  I also struggled with figuring out the silhouettes, but after I got extra help on that I realized it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was. The last thing I struggled with was my computer, it wouldn't post anything on my blog, and it was slower than the other computers. 

5.   The thing I feel I conquered the most was the portraits.  I really enjoyed taking the portraits of myself and my little sister (I didn't like the ones with my mom because she wasn't very cooperative).  I think I did well on those because I was really able to capture emotions on my little sister that I had never seen before, plus some of the lighting I found was really cool.  For my self portraits I also had a lot of fun doing those and coming up with ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment